Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

New Outlook!!

I have been tremendously enjoying The Connected Child. It is like reading my children's stories. So many adoption books that speak on the hard issues only talk of the raging or violent child, this does not describe my children at all. They are on the polar opposite. Their issues cause them to withdraw and freeze. These responses also can make it seem like you are over exaggerating your issues because most people have a hard time seeing it.

One way or the other it has been a tremendous blessing to this mom's heart to glean from the fountain of knowledge found in this book.

But I must say after 4 days of intense practice of the parenting described in this book, I am exhausted!!! I never knew that looking for ways to praise my children in every situation, even in the most bizarre, would take all my energy. But my blessings seem to be responding!! Praise the Lord!!

Our school outlook for the entire next year has totally changed too. In fact, I have boxed up all our math, Bible, reading and language programs for Caleb for the coming year and am starting fresh!! I am excited about what God has planned for us in the coming year!

So to put it all in a nutshell--
--I am exhausted (I almost fell asleep on the floor while working with Hannah on her letters) LOL!!
--I am encouraged!!
--I am leaning on the One who loves my youngest blessings even more than I do!!
WHAT A WONDERFUL PLACE TO BE!!!

1 comment:

Laurel said...

So ... what's the new school plan? Just this weekend Jim and I discussed a fresh new plan for our kids.

Laurel :)