Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Racing Again

The night's "support crew"! Neither of my two younger girls like running very much. Erinn is highly competative though and will give anything she sets her mind to a good go. Hannah on the other hand, I do not believe owns a competative bone! She runs whining and crying! Makes you look like a good mom when you are running with her LOL!! So we will not be running any races for a while--kind of afraid of being turned in for child abuse because I asked my daughter to run a race!!
I did not end up with any good pictures of my husband running--got to figure out how to use the new lens. It was such a joy to watch David run this week! Due to the affects of his arthritis, running hard and pain free is not a frequent thing for him. But he loves running so much he will do it even when he is less than comfortable, in fact it is good to his arthritis for him to keep moving, so his bones will not fuze together!! Anyways, this was a very good week, his fastest this season! So fun to watch him enjoy the GIFT of running!!

Caleb was a grinning monster during most of his race!! Seems I have another one coming along who is extreemly competative and likes pain!!!
In this picture he is racing to the finish with his friend who beat him last week. I think he was determined to win--and he did!

Drew was pacing the rest of the guys on his team in a hard work out on this 95 degree evening (hence the lack of shirts!) This picture remindes me of duckings following a momma duck! I guess that is what being a leader looks like.

This picture looks like I knew what I was doing with the camera!! We all know that is not true and it was all luck!
But you have got to love this one! The blurry background and the SWEAT!!!

And my men at the end of a hard race! Now it may just be me, but it looks like they all enjoyed their pain and sweat!!

No comments: