Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Weekend Happenings

I have not been able to get everything I need fully loaded onto the computer, so we are still missing pictures. Otherwise I would show you my wonderful new French door!!! Yep, we are in the modern age of doors and windows and past the plywood stage. I am loving it! It is funny to watch the dog go to the side of the door and wait for us to open the slider, instead of to the middle where they now open! Guess she will eventually get it. Also with the great insulation it is not overheating my family room every morning.

David and my Dad also replaced the knob on the garage door which had broken, worked on an electrical outlet, and fixed the door bell. Nice to have things back in working order. Now I just have to do touch up painting and clean up.

We also attended a work camp out with David's office. We just spent the day with them, but had a good time. I missed the pictures of fishing!! David threw in a line and caught a small bass which he let Caleb reel in, that brought all the kids under 10 running to get in the action. Soon there was David surrounded by little kids wanting to 'pet' the fish and 'catch their own. He was such a good sport. It was fun to watch him work with them all for about an hour. He is a GREAT dad!!

We enjoyed watching 'Fireproof' with Dad and Mike and Erinn this weekend. At least until the DVD player went on the fritz. I am getting afraid to touch anything, the way things keep breaking. And they are all expensive things!

Today I will try to get things organized from the crazy weekend (which went through Monday because David was off)! I will also start looking forward to planning for our long weekend at Sunriver. The 6 of us still at home will be together all weekend! Lastly I am working on a last details for a project God placed on my mind as I was on my 10 mile walk yesterday. I will hopefully post details soon.

1 comment:

Laurel said...

When you're in Sunriver, if you want any "adult and big kid time", I'm sure Cassie would LOVE to play with Caleb and Hannah.


Laurel