Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Friday, August 21, 2009

Grandma Questions

This morning I went to visit with Grandma and get some calls in regarding her hearing aids. The kids and I decided to run over (kids on bikes and me on foot) figured it would be a good 5 mile round trip for me.

When I got to Grandma's she buzzed me into the apartment and when I got there she had the door partially opened and I had to squeeze in by her. She was basically frozen in place and incoherent. I had to pry her hand off the door and physically walk her to a chair. She came around within a couple of minutes. But it was enough to get me moving!!!

After a call to get David out of a meeting to come pick us up (remember I had no car and two kids with me) I called the doctor and they sent us directly to the ER.

At this point they are saying seizure, not stroke, because she has no memory of it happening. So they are presently running tests and I am headed back over. Her daughter is with her now so I could come home and shower. Drew came and picked up the kids while I was in the ER with her, then came back to get me (too hot to run much at noon)!

I am so thankful that I was there. It sounds like she has been having smaller ones and we have not be picking up on them. Thankful David could get out of his meeting and come and help us. Thankful that the doctors office got me right to the doctor and she was able to direct us immediately. Thankful Drew was able and willing to come and rescue us. Thankful for medical care that is so available. Thankful for kindness of doctors and nurses with a frail 90 year old who was very nervous. Thankful for David's aunt who is able to give me breaks in care. God you are so very good to us!!

1 comment:

Hilltrain said...

Praying for Grandma Mae. :) So thankful for how everything worked out w/ so many helpers!