Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Daily Happenings


"And whoever gives one of these little ones only a cup of cold water in the name of a disciple, assuredly, I say to you, he shall by no means lose his reward." Matthew 10:42

Some days it is very important to remember this verse! As I get caught up with every day life, I can start to feel like I am not making much of a difference. For now my family is my ministry and I pray the Lord's blessings on my efforts.

Knowing this I decided to delay starting school with the little ones for a couple of more days. Been using the time to get the Christmas decorations up. Also been cooking and freezing all the pumpkins from my Thanksgiving decorations. Most of them came from our own garden this year, as that is what Hannah and Caleb wanted to plant. I would enjoy figuring out how to get rid of all the squash beetles though.

Hannah had speech again this morning, it is good to see so much progress for her. I have seen her socialization improve also as she is more confident in her speech and as the other kids can better understand her.

Caleb has been doing a fun workbook and "free" reading. He has yet to decide that reading is fun!

Drew is busy with school, ACT practice and track practice. He will be happy to be running again instead of sitting on the sidelines. His MRI is scheduled for next week to check out his hip pain.

And as you can see Erinn is back to school. This is "dead week" and she is pushing to get all those papers done! We look forward to having her off for a while for Christmas break!

I will get to work on other household projects this week as David will be traveling the rest of the week. I think that means I will finally get that freezer defrosted! Doesn't that sound fun! LOL!

No comments: