Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Thursday, December 4, 2008

What next?

My Liberian children do keep me guessing!
So if you were an 8 year old Liberian boy and your mom left some nails and a hammer on the good dining room chair, what would you do?!? Yep, you guessed right! He started to hammer it right into the middle of the seat! Thankfully Drew came down the stairs just at that moment and he was caught in the act. The repercussions included writing down why he might have thought that was a good idea and why it was not a good idea. Also some free labor for mom as restitution.
Lamentations 3:27 "It is good for a man to bear the yoke in his youth."
Also for all those of you who have wondered why Hannah's hair is not left down, I thought I would leave you a picture of her hair pre-braids. And yes, I did just do her hair, but she has been itching her scalp like crazy and it was such a mess. So if anyone has any ideas for itchy black scalp let me know. I have tried conditioning, oiling and dandruff shampoo. I am out of ideas and it takes to long to do her hair I would like to resolve this!!
Last but not least, Danielle is having to make some car decisions in the next few days. I am sure she would appreciate your prayers.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I followed back from the adopting from Liberia site. I use tea tree oil on the scalp. You can find many spray products for braids with it. I spray it their hair morning and night. I also only wash my girls' hair once a week--sometimes without shampoo (I know sounds funny), but I use conditioner and rinse it well. A lot of hair care is trial and error, because every head is so different. All six of my girls require something different.

Best wishes...and Merry Christmas!

Danielle