Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Preparations

As I prepare my heart for the busy days ahead, I was looking anew at the verse we chose for this blog from Psalm 37. Trusting, Delighting, and Committing! Easy words to say, but much more difficult to put continually into practice.
As the pace around me picks up, I tend to stress, which in turn throws off my already precariously balanced hormones, which can make me a very short tempered person. There it is for all to see, and for my family to laugh at the reality!!!
So as I looked at this verse this morning and wanted to have my heart right before my Lord, He reminded me that He, who spoke the whole universe into being, cares about me!?! Do I grasp that?
As Isaiah says "Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the Lord, The Creator of the ends of the earth, neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall, but those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40: 28-31
So I will CHOOSE to trust, delight and commit anew today.
That He may be foremost in my thoughts and actions.
That we as a family may CHOOSE to DELIGHT in HIM this season!
That we may remember that the God whom spoke the stars into being, CHOSE to be born into this world be cause He loved us (John 3:16).

No comments: