Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Keeping All the Wheels Greased!!


I must say that the last few days has kept me on my toes. When I finally went to bed last night, I fell right asleep and slept soundly all night, even though David was out of town! Keeping everything running at this busy point is exhausting but good.

I was able to enjoy a conversation with Danielle last night on wedding plans, she even has a rough budget planned out she sent. Good to get some ideas rolling earlier than later. I think she is getting a little excited and wanting to get things moving! Wonder why that might be?! What a fun and exciting time of life--not so bad being on my side either!I love having older children and feel abundantly blessed!

Erinn has been busy buying books for her junior year of college and cleaning out her room.We enjoyed a night of Pictionary with Erinn, Drew and their friends on Sunday after Bible Study.They actually came out and asked if all the rest of us left at the study would join them.It is great having older kids--did I already say that! Grandma had never seen or heard of the game, I think she thought we were crazy!
Drew is in Roseburg today for their pre-district meet. He will not be running, but went to support his team and maybe see my parents who live there. We have been in an adjustment time with his crazy schedule. I am amazed at all he and Erinn can push into a day and still have energy in the evenings to hang out with friends and family.

Caleb is doing better with most of his issues. It is a stretch sometimes to try to figure out where he is coming from, but I have learned so much and we seem to be making progress. And he got another 100% on his science test!! It is interesting that today as I was filling out the paperwork for the occupational therapist evaluation, I was asking him questions to help. He just opened up like a book!! He shared some things that he has never shared before. We had a wonderful conversation-very bonding.

Praise God for these wonderful times!

Hannah is slowly moving ahead with her school also. It is exciting to see. We learned something new today together. She was really struggling with writing some letters with too many middle strokes, specifically M and N today. So I took some colored pencils and drew each line with a different color---and presto, she could do it!!!! Then we switched over to a regular pencil and she could do it!!


Adding to my regular duties we have had scheduling and organizing for Grandma. She also had another seizure this morning. Interestingly, I was able to catch it while we were sitting having breakfast. I could take clear note of what was happening with out worrying for her safety in falling. I am very thankful we were able to get her appointment moved forward. We were also able to schedule her for a hearing check and maybe a balance exam at the same time.

So though there is more work with one more in the home, as you can see from this picture it is well worth the effort. The kids are sad that Grandma will be leaving on Thursday for her daughters home for a time.

1 comment:

Hilltrain said...

Think Erinn and Drew are related to their dad at all??? :)

Woo-hoo for Caleb! You must be savoring the bonding time.

Great idea for helping her w/ her letters. And was that a tear trail on her cheek?