Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Today's Happenings

Today Grandma Mae moved in for a while.
Since her seizure two weeks ago she has had a few more and they still do not want her by herself till we can see the neurologist, but they can not get us in till mid-October. So she will be sharing time between our home and her daughter's home.
Hannah was very excited to have her come and immediately was up on her lap showing off her Polly Pockets. To bad Hannah's speech is still so hard to understand and Grandma's hearing is so bad. Don't think they understand each other much, but they enjoy the time one way or the other.
We are all looking forward to the time. Guess it will make us slow down for a while! We will see if it works. This what my youngest son decided to do when I ran to the grocery store and to Grandma's apartment this morning!! I gave him a very specific, detailed agenda to do while I was gone, I had him to repeat it so I knew he had it. Then I merrily went on my way believing that he would do me proud and happily stay on task! HA HA!
So I come home 1 1/2 hours later with less than 1/3 of what I gave him done and this wonderful little note on the white board.
For those of you who are not familiar with Caleb Phonics (LOL), it says:
Andrew is scared of bugs! He is a girl!!

Now just for clarification, this was not on his very detailed agenda!
No, Drew just came downstairs to get a snack and this was Caleb's way to get big brother time!
Not sure I will ever understand boys--think I have said that before!
So of course Drew helped Caleb out by wrestling with him and letting him know who was the "man" in the house!
So here we sit at 2:45 still working on that school that should have been done this morning! Oh well, I guess brother time is more important!!

And lastly, here is that French door we finally got installed.
I love it!! You can go in and out only using one hand!!

3 comments:

Laurel said...

First of all ... I don't think your family knows how to "slow down". Good luck on that one.

Secondly ... my boys would not have accomplished their list, either, if I was gone for that long. They, too, would have had some wrestling time (does that count for P.E.?)

And, lastly ... beautiful new door. Much better than the plywood.


:) :) :)

Hilltrain said...

Glad your family is there for G-ma Mae.

What are brothers for? :) At least Caleb got his break for physical activity. And did you REALLY expect him to keep working for more than 10-15 min. in your absence???

And the doors are beautiful!

sarah bess said...

I have a Grandma May!
So sweet the way Hannah is making her great grandma Mae feel welcome.
When I read Caleb's note, I was pretty impressed. That's not bad at all for the amount of time he's been home!