Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Saturday, September 19, 2009

SOCKS!!!!

Today I want to sing the praises of SOCKS!!!

Yes, those simple little pieces of material you put on before you put on your shoes, if you are blessed to have either socks or shoes that is.

During this marathon training I have been trying lots of different kinds of socks to help with blisters and also the burning on the balls of my feet! I have to wear my shoes kind of loose due to a circulation issue I have that causes my feet and hands to easily fall asleep. This has caused what I can only call a rug burn type situation on the ball of my feet from rubbing back and forth in my shoes. Can get very painful as the miles increase.

So today I tried some socks I found in David's drawer. They are like two socks together. Both of them are thin, but are actually made into one sock.

So the socks rubbed back and forth on each other AND.....absolutely no pain in the balls of my feet this morning!!! Praise God!!

I love socks today!!!

And for the record, I got in 8 miles this morning in 1 hour 18 minutes. Not to bad for me. Now those of you who run (David, Drew and some of the boys from the big D family) you are not allowed to laugh at that time!!! I was very happy with it!!

Oh and by the way I thought of posting a picture of my poor abused feet, but thought that it was not for the faint of heart. Suffice it to say blisters and calouses upon one another and 4 lost toenails is not a pretty site!! LOL!!

Have a great day and remember to Delight in Him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

EEEK! thank you for sparing us. lol

and I'm impressed at your perseverance in working towards the marathon.